Learn and Relax
Inside the Outreach Collection
Want to learn more about the Figge's outreach collection? Join host and Figge Outreach Educator Kelsey Vandercoy for the YouTube web series, Inside the Outreach Collection. These videos explore the Figge's educational objects. Click link below.
View Past Thursdays at the Figge Programs Here:
- Virtual About Face Curator Talk
- Virtual Artist Talk: T.J. Dedeaux-Norris
- Virtual Photographer Talk: George Rodriguez
- Virtual Artist Talk: Cara Romero
- Virtual Artist Talk: Wendy Red Star
- Virtual Artist Talk: John Sanderson
- Virtual Artist Talk: Didier William
- Virtual Photography Talk: Andy Abeyta
- Virtual Seen and Heard Talk with Vanessa Sage
- Virtual Artist Talk: Robert Lipnick
- Living Proof Exhibit Virtual Celebration
- Living Proof Exhibit Virtual Artists Talks
- Virtual Artist Talk: Monica Correia
- Virtual Seating by Design Panel
- Haitian Masterworks Virtual Curators Talk: Vanessa Sage & Joshua Johnson
- Explore the Store Virtual Program
- Haitian Masterworks Talk: Dr. Peter Haffner
- Blakelock Virtual Talk: Vanessa Sage
- College Invitational Opening Celebration
- For America Virtual Opening Celebration
- Virtual Curator Talk: American Self-Portraits Then and Now
- Who Was Leila Mechlin?
- Rebel Artists Virtual Talk with Vanessa Sage
- The Enterprising Eliza Greatorex
- Scholar Talk: Margie Cain
- Virtual Performance: University of Iowa Dance Company
- Curator Talk: Christina Kastell
- Artist Talk: Ann Gale
We invite you to follow along with our weekly art prompts. Each week listed below has a different art prompt for each day of the week. From posting pictures to find and seeks, these prompts are designed to help you find art in your daily life while also providing a relaxing moment for your day. Make sure to share your finds on social media and tag us!
Daily Art Prompts - Week 1
Daily Art Prompts - Week 2
Daily Art Prompts - Week 3
Daily Art Prompts - Week 4
Daily Art Prompts - Week 5
Daily Art Prompts - Week 6
Daily Art Prompts - Week 7
Daily Art Prompts - Week 8
Daily Art Prompts - Week 9
Daily Art Prompts - Week 10
Bring the Figge to Your Screen
Select one of the following images to download for a desktop or phone background
Rubens Peale (American, 1784-1865). Still Life with Grapes, Watermelon and Peaches, 1863. Oil on canvas.
Figge Art Museum, City of Davenport Art Collection, Friends of Art Acquisition Fund, 1984.10
André Normil (Haitian, b.1934). Jungle Scene, Circa 1970s. Oil on canvas.
Gift of Kenneth W. Weiser, David S. Weiser & Carolyn Silberman, 2018.26.3.
Louis Comfort Tiffany (American, 1848 - 1933). Tiffany Studios (Established 1902 – closed 1932).
The River of Life, Frederick C. Denkmann Memorial Window, circa 1905. Leaded favrile glass and copper foil.
Long term loan from the Denkmann Family (Denkmann Family Trust)
The Figge Art Museum has partnered with WVIK and Augustana College's Teaching Museum of Art to produce a podcast focusing on underrepresented populations in art galleries across the world, and in our community.
Melissa Mohr, director of Education at the Figge, and Claire Kovacs, former director of the Augustana Teaching Museum of Art, hosted 20 episodes of the Gallery Gap (2017). Produced by Lacy Scarmana.
Support for The Gallery Gap on WVIK came from Pederson Paetz Design and the estate of Margaret Skinner, a long time friend of WVIK and lover of the arts. People can stream from WVIK and it’s also available on iTunes or Google Play.
Learn About the Artist Series
Click on an artist's name below to learn more about them and their work.
Thomas Hart Benton
William Theophilus Brown
William Merritt Chase
Baltasar de Echave y Rioja
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer
Adriaen van Utrecht
Grant Wood: Self-Portrait