Figge Art Museum
Position Description: Membership and Database Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
The Membership and Database Coordinator is a member of the Development Department and oversees the Figge’s membership program and events, including member recruitment and retention, recognition levels and benefit structure, maintaining the member and donor database, and supporting the museum’s annual fund campaign.
- Membership (35%)
- Database Entry and Acknowledgment Processing (35%)
- Analysis of Development Data and Strategy (20%)
- Events and Team Participation (10%)
- Oversee the Figge Art Museum’s annual membership program by managing relationships with existing members and new members, creating a proactive solicitation program, administering a member retention program, and incorporating electronic requests for gifts.
- Create and implement a strategy to recruit and retain members to meet or exceed the Figge Art Museum’s membership goals.
- Leads and coordinates the volunteer work of the Membership Committee and assists Development staff in coordinating volunteer opportunities for the Friends of the Figge committee.
- Collaborate with community partners throughout the Quad Cities for further outreach to help promote and grow museum membership, including the Institutional Membership programs to maximize collaboration with Quad City area colleges and universities.
- Oversees the maintenance of the member/donor database (Versai) and assists other Figge Art Museum staff with database usage.
- Create, send, and track membership renewal notices through gift acknowledgment letters and electronic communication.
- Utilize the database to track donor acquisition and renewals, manage memberships, assist with stewardship activities, and work with the Development Committee to prospect and solicit potential new members.
- Train all Figge associates on the database, as needed, and maintain the database manual and instructions.
- As a member of the Development team, provide strategy and implement an annual plan to meet or exceed goals, identifying best practices to engage members in supporting the annual fund, including strategies to retain and broaden the museum’s membership and donor database to increase overall museum participation and financial support for the Annual Fund.
- Provides analytics and reports, as needed, on membership and donor history.
- Represent the Figge Art Museum at member events as needed to ensure positive engagement and experiences for museum members and visitors.
- Coordinates with all departments to plan and execute member events, trips, and programs, including the planning and production of museum member mailings and publications in collaboration with the Figge’s Marketing Team.
- Communicates membership benefits to interested parties inside and outside the museum.
- With the Director of Development, oversee a development intern, when needed.
- Assist with social media and website as needed through collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Assist Visitor Services staff with museum tours for outside groups, as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
A college degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Prior membership experience working for museums or other cultural organizations is preferred. Experience with database management software is a must along with strong written and verbal communications skills. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, an understanding of reports to represent data, a comfortable phone presence, and the ability to work independently and multitask while meeting deadlines. The ability to work with staff, volunteers, and trustees of the museum in a professional and polite manner is required to enhance positive experiences, with discretion and confidentiality. Occasional evenings and/or weekend hours are required.
Requires working indoors in an office environment. The position requires a considerable amount of time communicating by phone, email, and personal meetings. The job will require some time working outside the museum with some evening and weekend hours expected. The person will be responsible for keeping within a budget and require a considerable degree of accuracy and exactness while performing the job. The job requires considerable time sitting or standing, often for 2 -3 hours at a time, as well as moving boxes or other items weighing up to 25 pounds across the office or outside the museum for various needs. The job requires some climbing stairs and reaching. Some travel, not to exceed 10% of total time, will be required.
The Figge Art Museum brings art and people together and enriches our community with the experience of art through education, collections, exhibitions, and preservation. Located on the Mississippi River in Downtown Davenport, the Figge is the premier art exhibition and education facility between Chicago and Des Moines. Its 110,000-square-foot landmark glass building, designed by British architect David Chipperfield, is home to one of the Midwest’s finest art collections and combines collection and exhibition galleries, education studios, an auditorium, a café, and a bustling lobby. The Figge has a professional staff of 30 and presents over 20 rotating exhibitions of historical and contemporary art each year as well as art classes, educational programs, special events, and outreach sessions that inspire and attract regional, national, and international audiences of all ages.
The Figge offers a competitive package of salary, benefits, paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team at one of the leading cultural institutions in the Quad Cities.
The Figge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, accessible, and safe environment and value varied ideas, perspectives, insights, skills, and experiences within our workplace.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a professional writing sample to email@example.com. Please indicate “Membership and Database Coordinator” in the subject line. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. All applications will be kept confidential.