Figge Art Museum
Job Title: Rental and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Description: The Rental Events Coordinator effectively manages the Museum’s event rental program. Booking and managing private corporate events, other private events for Museum members, and larger Museum fundraising events. This is a new position for the Museum. This position coordinates all aspects of the Museum’s rental events from initial customer contact to execution and clean-up. The coordinator interacts and coordinates with the Museum’s exclusive caterer(s), on-site security staff, facility management department, and development department.
- Plans and executes facility rental events, ensuring a positive client experience.
- Serves as a liaison between caterer and customer
- Manages all rental contracts, fees, and administrative details of facility rentals.
- Manages event and rental calendars, and all internal and external event and rental communications.
- Provides oversight for each event from planning to execution to clean-up
- Coordinates across departments to insure that equipment, event space, adequate security levels, and other resources are available for a successful event.
- Develop a business plan to generate new event business and recover lost business due to the pandemic.
- In conjunction with the marketing director, create a marketing strategy to create new facility rental business.
- In conjunction with Development Dept. assists with internal museum events as needed and when time allows
- In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer, determines pricing strategy and fee structure to maximize revenue.
Minimum of 4 years of relevant event planning experience and project management with knowledge of catering large events required. Prior sales experience with direct solicitation preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications. Highly organized. Proficient in Office 365 applications.
Requires working mostly indoors in office environment but may also require occasional outdoor events in different weather conditions. Some work may be performed from home with prior approval. The post requires a considerable amount of time communicating by phone, email and in person. The job requires some evening and weekend hours as well as some local travel. The work is somewhat seasonal in nature with the greatest number of events occurring between April and October. The job requires considerable time sitting or standing, often for 2 -3 hours at a time, as well as reaching, climbing stairs, kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting, and moving objects 25 pounds or more. Some travel will be required. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required.
Equal Employment Statement:
The Figge Art Museum brings art and people together and enriches our community with the experience of art through education, collections, exhibitions, and preservation. Located on the Mississippi River in Downtown Davenport, the Figge is the premier art exhibition and education facility between Chicago and Des Moines. Its 110,000 square foot landmark glass building, designed by British architect David Chipperfield, is home to one of the Midwest’s finest art collections and combines collection and exhibition galleries, education studios, an auditorium, a café, and a bustling lobby. The Figge presents over 20 rotating exhibitions of historical and contemporary art each year as well as art classes, educational programs, special events, and outreach sessions that inspire and attract regional, national, and international audiences of all ages.
The Figge Art Museum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, accessible, and safe environment and value varied ideas, perspectives, insights, skills, and experiences within our workplace.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements, to [email protected]. Please indicate “Rental and Events Coordinator” in the subject line. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. All applications will be confidential.